Ridgetop knows that parent and teacher involvement equals student success. We thrive on volunteers in the many areas in our Ridgetop community. You decide how much time you can schedule with what works best for you and your family.
So how do you get involved?
- To volunteer your time in any way, or even chaperone a field trip you will need to register with APIE (Austin Partners In Education) Please click here for more info. The school earns funds based on volunteer hours so it’s important to sign up and sign in at the front office when volunteering!
- Check the calendar for the next Amigos Meeting! If your child is a Ridgetop Rattler, you are automatically part of Amigos (Ridgetop’s PTA)! Together as teachers and parents, we collaborate to to better our school, by developing community through meeting, participating, and helping with Ridgetop activities and events throughout the year.
- Attend any upcoming Ridgetop event (calendar) and just talk to or email any of the Amigos Board Members & Committee Chairs
- Stay looped in by signing up for the Google PTA (Amigos) Mailing List
There are so many ways you can help make Ridgetop great for our kids! Here’s a start of how you, as an Amigo can help:
- GRANTS! Do you have experience or interest in writing grants? Please contact the Amigos Treasurer if you’d like to help!
- Find out your child’s library day/time and ask your teacher if it’s all right if you come. Our librarian, Ms. Rice does not mind visitors and would love your help if you are able.
- Join in on Garden Days at the school where classes come out in shifts all day to work on the gardens (dates on the calendar).
- Come eat lunch with your child. We are raising ‘Healthy Rattlers’ and could always use models for healthy eating in the cafeteria. Children love it and you’ll get to know the other kids in the class. Younger siblings can come too and feel like big kids.